work hard, play hard
Norway Savings strives every day to provide a challenging, rewarding, and healthful work environment. In fact, wellness has been a priority of ours for a number of years and is an important part of our values.
In 2007, we recognized that the American lifestyle was working against our health costs and quality of life for our workforce and their families. What began as our wellness program that year blossomed into and award-winning program.
not everyone has an award-winning workplace
We’re honored to be recognized nationally as a two-time Gold-Level Well Workplace by the Wellness Council of America and as one of the healthiest companies in America.
Our wellness program offers:
- One-on-one health coaching
- Wellness Program participation incentives
- Wellness progress-based incentives
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Patient Advocates to help employees navigate the healthcare system
In addition to enhancing quality of life and job satisfaction for our employees, over the years Norway has demonstrated a significant return-on-investment, especially through lowered medical claims and insurance premiums. Quite frankly, it’s been a win-win for all of us.
colorful (and healthful) fun for all our employees
Being healthful doesn’t mean drudgery. Maybe the best part of our program is that we have fun as a team striving towards better health.
- Organized participation community walks, runs, etc.
- Branded sport shirts for teams participating in community events/challenges (i.e., 5Ks, mud races, triathlons, marathons, etc.)
- Dynamic workstations
- Annual Health Fair
- Annual Activity Challenges
- On-site fitness center
- Monthly gym, fitness class, Weight Watchers, smoking cessation, race reimbursements
- Generous paid personal and sick time accruals to support work/life balance
Through results-driven and targeted initiatives, Norway is changing unhealthy-lifestyle behaviors, one-by-one…so that you can lead a more colorful life.