a message to all Norway Savings Bank customers:
At Norway Savings Bank we take security breaches very seriously and we want you to know the following:
- Rest assured, we provide a 24 hour, 7-day a week fraud monitoring system. We monitor every transaction for fraudulent activity. If you are planning to travel with your debit card, please let us know so we can put a note on your account.
- As always, we encourage you to monitor your account closely and report any unauthorized transactions to us immediately.
- If you see any signs that your debit card may have been fraudulently used or if you have any questions, please call us toll-free 1.888.725.2207. Monday – Friday. 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Saturday. If you notice the abnormal activity after hours, or on weekends or holidays, call 1.800.472.3272 to have your debit card frozen.
- If you are concerned that your debit card number may have been compromised, it is important to remember that you are protected by MasterCard’s Zero Liability protection policy should you have fraud on your account.
- To learn more about ATM/Debit card compromises, read our Frequently Asked Questions
- A final word of caution: beware of phishing attacks and scams. Norway Savings Bank will never call you, email you or send a text message to you asking for personal account information.
important information for business banking customers:
- We strongly recommend that you monitor your business accounts daily by utilizing Internet Banking. Through Internet Banking we offer daily text or e-mail notifications. Please call Deposit Operations or E-Services for more information at 1.888.725.2207.
- If you suspect fraudulent activity, contact the bank directly during regular business hours. Monday – Friday. 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Saturday. If you notice the abnormal activity after hours, or on weekends or holidays, call 1.800.472.3272 to have your debit card frozen.
- If you are concerned that your debit card number may have been compromised, it is important to remember that you are protected by MasterCard’s Zero Liability protection policy should you have fraud on your account. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please see us/zero-liability.html to learn more.
- If you need to dispute a debit card transaction, a representative at your local branch can assist you. However, provisional credits do not apply for business customers and if the dispute is denied, you are liable for the loss. Please refer to the Business Debit Card Terms documentation you received at account opening for more details.
- If you suspect fraudulent activity with an ACH debit transaction on your account, you may dispute it, but please note that ACH transactions on business accounts are subject to a 24-hour deadline from the date the transaction posted. It is important that you monitor your account on a regular basis.
- Well-organized cybercrime syndicates are targeting small and medium size businesses, municipalities, non-profits and school districts across the country. Cyber criminals use malicious software (known as malware) in order to steal a business’ online banking credentials or take over web sessions. They then attempt to steal thousands, even hundreds of thousands of dollars, by creating fraudulent ACH or wire transfers. This crime is known as Corporate Account Takeover. To learn more read the Protect Your Business Guidebook
the security of your money and personal and business account information is the highest priority for Norway Savings Bank.
We take information security very seriously and use a defense-in-depth approach to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all of our information systems.
At Norway, we are vigilant about protecting our customers from Identity Theft. For additional information about what you can do to prevent it, link here for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s ID Theft resource page.
* With GenGold®, if your identity is stolen, you’ll have:
- An attorney specializing in identity theft restoration on your side
- A team contacting credit bureaus, creditors, financial institutions, merchants, and utility companies on your behalf
- Coverage for minor children, lost document recovery, fraud alerts, and credit reports.
* After 90 day free trial, a low monthly fee of $4.95 will apply.