Personal Banking Assistance
Help starts here.
Whether it’s via chat, over the phone, or at one of our 24 branches, our team is here to help you with your banking needs. If you have questions, please call 1.888.725.2207.
Visit our Branch Banking page for hours and details.
Here are ways for you to continue to do your banking if you do not wish to visit a branch lobby:
Economic Impact Payments (EIPs)
Stimulus or Relief Checks/Payments
On March 11, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act, releasing billions of dollars in economic impact payments (EIPs) to Americans.
Looking for the status on your payment? Because the payments are automatic, calling the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or Norway Savings Bank will not speed up their arrival. The IRS provides an online “Get My Payment” tool to check the status of your payment. If you have other questions about EIPs, please visit the IRS’s Frequently Asked Questions page.
What are the qualifications to receive an EIP?
- You filed a tax return for 2019. No additional action needs to be taken by you, the taxpayer.
- If you receive Social Security benefits for retirement, survivor, disability, SSI or Veterans Affairs and didn’t file a tax return, you are still eligible.
- Tax filers with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 for individuals and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns will receive the full payments ($1,400 for individuals, $2,800 for couples). Those individuals with incomes higher than $75,000 will receive a prorated amount until the cut-off income of $80,000 if they have no dependents. For couples, the benefit will be prorated as their income approaches the cut off of $160,000. In addition, eligible taxpayers will receive a $1,400 payment for each dependent.
This round of EIP funds have not been exempted from garnishment.
Helpful tools to navigate through a crisis
The current crisis has hit people hard. And if you are struggling with your finances or simply want to get better at managing your money, Norway Savings Bank is here for you. Our Banzai! Learning Center has developed a special resource center made just for times like these. You’ll find articles, activities, calculators and real coaching on everything from budgeting, getting out of debt, planning and dealing with tough times (like these!) and much more. Here are just a few of the topics:
- Managing a Current Crisis
- Out of Work?
- When You Can’t Afford Your Minimum Payments
- Government Assistance
- What To Do With Your Stimulus Check
- Get Out of Debt
Norway Savings Financial Hardship Relief
- Other Loans:
If you are struggling to make your loan or other payment, please contact our Customer Care Center (1.888.725.2207) and we will connect you with a dedicated team member to assist you with the specifics of your situation.
- Mobile Deposits:
We have increased daily limits for making mobile deposits.
The Latest on Our Branches