Zelle is a convenient way to send money using your mobile banking app or online banking account.
Whether it’s saving you a trip to the ATM or taking out the guesswork of divvying up the lunch tab, Zelle is a fast, safe and easy way to send and request money with people you know and trust. Funds are sent directly to the recipient’s account in a matter of minutes1, and all you need is the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Mobilize your money with Zelle.
Send money fast in just a few steps.
Settle up with roommates, friends and more, regardless of where they bank2.
Easily divide the cost of the check for dinner, coffee and more3.
Before using Zelle, we recommend watching the following video to learn how to use it safely and securely.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS ZELLE?
WHO CAN I SEND MONEY TO WITH ZELLE?
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1, it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
1. Users must be a Bill Pay user. If you are not, log into Norway Savings Bank’s online banking to enroll in Bill Pay. Click on the “Bill Pay” tab at the top of the screen and follow the enrollment instructions.
2. To get started using Zelle, log into Norway Savings Bank’s online banking or mobile app, navigate to Bill Pay and select “Send Money with Zelle®”. Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you’re ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle.
3. To send money using Zelle, simply add a trusted recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you’d like to send and an optional note, review, then hit “Send.” In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1.
4. To request money using Zelle, choose “Request,” select the individual(s) from whom you’d like to request money, enter the amount you’d like to request, include an optional note, review and hit “Request”3.
5. To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle, follow these steps:
1. Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
2. Select Norway Savings Bank.
3. Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification – you should enroll with Zelle using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1, Zelle should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
Neither Norway Savings Bank nor Zelle offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
If your recipient’s financial institution isn’t on the list, don’t worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle looks up the email address or mobile number in its “directory” and notifies Norway Savings Bank of the incoming payment. Norway Savings Bank then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back.
You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
If you send money to someone who isn’t enrolled with Zelle, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will move directly to your recipient’s account, typically within minutes1.
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you’re waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you’ve received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven’t received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Please contact customer services at 888-725-2207.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don’t know is high risk). Neither Norway Savings Bank nor Zelle offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
Once customer support moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your Norway Savings Bank account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle through the Norway Savings Bank mobile banking app and online banking. Please call Norway Savings Bank’s customer support toll-free at 888-725-2207 for help.
Don’t have our mobile app?
Download it for free:
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
1Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.
2Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
3In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle.
Copyright © 2020 Norway Savings Bank. All rights reserved.