Norway, ME – To help nonprofits cope with another difficult year due to economic challenges, Norway Savings Bank awarded nearly $1.1 million to 358 nonprofits in 2022. $750,000 was granted this year, while another $339,916 will be distributed in the form of multi-year grants.
In December, the bank made 27 surprise “Helping Hands gifts” to deserving organizations, totaling $100,000. These nonprofits provide much-needed resources in Oxford, Androscoggin, Cumberland, York and Sagadahoc counties.
“This year, we know that members of our communities are struggling with the high costs of everyday items like food, heating oil and other essentials.” said Dan Walsh, President and CEO of Norway Savings Bank. “These Helping Hands gifts are our way of providing some assistance to nonprofits focusing on addressing those immediate needs.”
The organizations provide a wide range of services – nutrition support, fuel assistance, clothing, school supplies, housing, job training and more.
The non-profit organizations receiving Helping Hands gifts are:
- Adoptive & Foster Families of Maine
- Bethel Food Pantry
- Biddeford Food Pantry
- Bridgton Community Center
- Center for Wisdom’s Women, Lewiston
- Community Outreach Services, Kennebunk
- Freeport Community Services
- Furniture Friends, Portland
- Goodwill Industries of Northern New England
- Harrison Food Bank
- Maine Works, Portland
- Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program, Brunswick
- New Beginnings, Lewiston
- North Fryeburg Community Chapel Food Pantry
- Oxford Hills Clergy Association, Norway
- Oxford Hills Food Pantry, Norway
- Preble Street Resource Center and Food Pantry, Portland
- The Progress Center, Oxford
- Ruth’s Reusable Resources, Portland
- Seeds of Hope Neighborhood Center, Biddeford
- Servants Heart Food Pantry, Peru
- Take 2 YouthBuild, Lewiston
- Tedford Housing, Brunswick
- Tree Street Youth, Lewiston
- Trinity Jubilee Center, Lewiston
- Wayside Food Programs, Portland
- Windham Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Learn more about Norway Savings Bank’s community giving programs at www.norwaysavings.bank.
About Norway Savings Bank
Founded in 1866, Norway Savings Bank is a leading mutual banking and financial services company headquartered in Norway, Maine. As of September 30, 2022, Norway Savings Bank had $1.739 billion in total assets. Norway Savings Bank has 24 branch locations and operates divisions in trust and investment services, personal banking and business banking. In 2022, Norway Savings received the Best Place for Working Parents designation and was recognized with the “Best Wellness Employer – Gold Certification” for the fourth year in a row by Wellness Workdays. BauerFinancial has designated Norway Savings Bank the “Best of Bauer” for earning and maintaining its highest 5-star rating for 32 continuous years. For more information, visit www.norwaysavings.bank.