It’s hard to believe it’s been over 2 months since closing our branch lobbies with the priority of keeping employees and customers safe while doing our part to help “flatten the curve” in our communities. We recognize the inconveniences you may have experienced and we are grateful for your patience and understanding. However, we are excited to be writing today to provide you with our plans to open branch lobbies and to share what you can expect for future branch lobby visits.
Branch and lobby reopening plans
With Governor Mills’ staged approach and plan to restart Maine’s economy, businesses in our communities are starting to reopen. In support of our communities, Norway Savings Bank will begin reopening our lobbies June 8th to better serve all customers – and to help reduce the wait time in our drive-up lanes.
On June 1st, we will reopen our Exchange Street, Portland branch for drive-up and walk-up only service and are expanding the hours of operation at our Kennebunk, Scarborough, Cooks Corner, Topsham, Auburn and Bethel branches.
Starting June 8th, we will begin a phased approach to reopen branch lobbies through the end of the month. We will start by reopening lobbies at the Norway, Fryeburg, South Paris and Bethel offices with the remainder of branch lobbies opening during the weeks of June 15th and June 22nd. A complete list of all branches, hours and lobby reopening dates can be found here.
What to expect when you reenter one of our lobbies
To safely address the reopening of our lobbies, Norway Savings Bank is following guidance developed by the Maine Bankers Association, State of Maine, CDC, OSHA and other government resources. We are implementing best practices to ensure the continued safety of our employees, customers and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help you prepare for your in-branch visit, below is an initial list of what to expect when you visit one of our lobbies. We will provide you with more specific details prior to June 8th.
- Signage and floor markers inside the branch will help guide you to maintain 6 feet physical distance from employees and others.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask/covering when you enter the branch and will be asked to remove it briefly so that we can properly identify you.
- There will be a limit of 5 customers within the lobby at any time. If there are more than 5 customers waiting for service, you will be asked to wait outside until a spot is available.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for customer use throughout the branch and we have instituted consistent cleaning protocols.
- To limit exposure, we have temporarily removed many of the lobby items that you may be familiar with, such as coffee stations, brochures, transaction tickets etc.
- Waiting areas in lobbies will be temporarily closed.
We have created this helpful guide for banking options you can do from your home.
While we are excited to welcome our customers back into our lobbies, when it comes to deciding how to do your banking, we want you to be safe. That’s why we encourage you to use our online and mobile banking services whenever possible to check your balances, transfer funds, pay bills, open accounts, apply for loans and deposit checks. However, if you need in-person service, we look forward to serving you again inside our lobbies.
We truly appreciate the support we’ve received from our customers over the past few months and hope that you and your loved ones continue to be well during these challenging times!
EVP Senior Retail Banking Officer